Block Paving Sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me again so I also need to repair my driveway which has a lot of weeds. I have started to remove the weeds and sweep the driveway clean.
Next I was going to get some block paving sand to fill the gaps. After that I was going to get some block paving sealer. After searching on this forum people recommended https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Patio+Paving-Sealer---5L/p/600359

Is this the same as a PVC block paving sealer?
The links on https://www.pavingexpert.com/sealants.htm don't work anymore

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
I asked gpt for some input on this, response below might be useful but without knowing which specific product you are asking for the comparison its hard to tell

Comparison of PVC Block Paving Sealer and Solvent-Based Sealer​

• PVC Block Paving Sealer: This type of sealer typically includes PVC resin dissolved in a solvent to create a protective coating for block paving. The main purpose is to enhance durability, appearance, and resistance to various elements.
  • Solvent-Based Sealer: Contains various solvents that help dissolve and apply the protective coating. These solvents are crucial for the application process, ensuring the sealer spreads evenly and dries properly.

Are They the Same?​

• Similarities: Both types of sealers often use solvents to dissolve the resin and facilitate application. This means that a PVC block paving sealer might contain similar solvents to those found in other solvent-based sealers.
  • Differences: The primary difference lies in the specific resin used. PVC block paving sealer uses PVC resin, while other solvent-based sealers might use different types of resins or polymers.

Conclusion​

A PVC block paving sealer can be a type of solvent-based sealer if it uses solvents to dissolve and apply the PVC resin. The chemicals in the list you provided are typical solvents found in many solvent-based sealers, including those that might be used for PVC block paving. Therefore, if your PVC block paving sealer is solvent-based, it likely contains similar solvents.

4o

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back