Blocking off and internal Archway with Drywall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Hope you are all well. After for some advice please on blocking up this archway in the pics.
I'm happy with the studwork and plasterboard. My question is how do I drywall to the existing plaster please?

I want to try and avoid plastering the entire wall.
1000049727.jpg
1000049728.jpg

Sponsored Links
That looks as if either it’s been knocked through a brick wall, or has been a doorway that has been modified to an arch?

As far as I can see, the wall is brick and the wall reveal could be artex. Get it tested.
You’d need to create a wall plate on both sides, 15-20 mm from the line of the wall.
Then follow the shape of the arch, obviously easier by making straight boxes as much as possible.
If there are likely to be kitchen cupboards on one side, add mounting studs at the correct height.
Fix through to the brick

I would fill it with rockwool.
Have a plaster skim a decent amount of undercoat before finishing with a skim. It would look better if the skim goes onto the existing walls.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back