Boiler Ignition Problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently had our GlowWorm Micron boiler moved approx. 2 feet down the wall so that it will eventually fit into a cupboard once our new kitchen is installed.

The boiler had to be moved twice, as the first time it was moved too low on the wall.

Since the 2nd move the boiler has apparently worked correctly for 4 weeks, however now we have no heating or hot water. It appears that the boiler is not igniting. There are lights on the LED so we assume that the electrical connection is OK.

The boiler is approx 3 years old, and worked fine before it was moved.

Can anyone advise if the current problem is likely to have been caused by moving the boiler (possibly damage caused by the move), or what other possible causes there may be. We are unsure as to whether we should get the same contractors back to look at the boiler.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks Liese

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Most cock-ups done while moving boilers are with the flue, so check that it all looks right. Have seen that make the boiler fill up with soot. Not much else is likely to have been OK for 4 weeks and gone wrong now as a result of something they did.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for responding to my post.

The flue 'looks' OK, but I am no expert and so I think we will just have to get the professionals in.

Unfortunately the previous contractors are no longer answering their telephone number - not very reassuring!

The boiler is now working intermittantly. It starts and will come on and off and heat the water for a period of time, but after a while it seems to fail to ignite.

Can anyone advise if this problem could be dangerous? Should I turn the boiler off until I can get someone to look at it?

Thanks again for the advice.

Liese

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back