Boiler pressure creeping up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a hidden leak on my system beginning of this year. So added leak sealer.

Then a rad started leaking recently from its main body. So I binned this rad and replaced with a new one. I assume this was where the hidden leak was all along.

I now want to clean my system so two weeks ago I added x400 and have been running the heating a few times a week. I am planning on leaving it in for another week to try get any rubbish out.

Have emptied the pro 2 mag clean and it has a little crud but not loads.

But my pressure is now going up. It was running at 2.9 the other day while on. So I drained 1/3 bucket out and it went down to 1.8 bar (not on).

today it is up at 2 bar (not on).

Any idea what is happening?

Has the leak sealer gunked up the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
only water will increase the pressure inside the closed system so if its going up then water is getting in. Pressure and flow are not the same so even a small amount of water can increase the pressure

Yes serviced and a new EV done this jan as we weren’t sure if the leak was this. So I decided to put a new one in to cross it off list of possibilities.

Ok I don’t think water is getting in. Will see how I get on after the clean out is finished.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back