Boilermate 2000 Constant On/Off issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an 11 year old house with a Boilermate 2000 unit that's developed a fault. When on, it has periods where it constantly comes on/off every 2/3 seconds for 5/10 mins, then operates as normal again (you can hear it reasonably loudly on most radiators in the house). The light on the boiler downstairs comes on/off in unison, so it sounds like a thermostat/something perhaps?

It's otherwise functioning fine - no issues with hot water/radiators, but it doesn't sound at all healthy.

When you turn on the electric emersion/'emergency hot water' there are no such issues.

Is this something I could sort out myself (e.g. via replacing a board/thermostat/something internally) or do I need to fork out a wheelbarrow of money to get someone around to check it out?! :oops:

Many thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back