Bosch dishwasher start failure - motor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to the forum and hope someone can help me.

I have a bosch integrated dishwasher which is about 6 years old (SD13WTIB) (SRV4603GB/02)

After I set the programme and shut the door to start it, the machine makes the right sounds for a few seconds, then stops.

I had a guy out to fix it a year ago and he said the motor needed replacing at £200 and I should get a new machine. I did nothing and one year later I am back on the case!

Will a new motor really cost £200? Could it be anything else?

Any advice welcome. I would rather repair than replace, especially as it seem difficult to buy a new dishwasher that can have a kitchen unit front bolted on the front of it nowadays.

Thanks

Alex

Sponsored Links
Is it filling with water or not ?also does it pump out easy way to check is put about 1 litre of water in base,reset appliance before start and check if it pumps out

I've just filled it with water and it drained fine. Then I turned it off and on and held down reset and guess what, it is working now. I feel rather stupid - a year's washing up when all it needed was to be reset. Oh well saved on water and electricity bills anyway! Cheers for your help.

Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back