Bowed shower tray and screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m planning to install a shower tray, but I’ve noticed it’s bowed by about 3mm, which is within the manufacturer’s tolerance. My concern is how to securely attach a shower screen, given that the tray isn’t perfectly flat. Do you have any advice on the best approach?

Sponsored Links
The shower screen will have adjustments to some degree to allow the walls being out of plumb, but I don't like the idea of it being bowed 3mm!
Is it a stone resin tray?
Can you show us any screen trim that is meant to rest on the tray itself?
John :)

The shower screen will have adjustments to some degree to allow the walls being out of plumb, but I don't like the idea of it being bowed 3mm!
Is it a stone resin tray?
Can you show us any screen trim that is meant to rest on the tray itself?
It’s a stone resin tray 1200 x 760.

I’ve not installed the tray yet - the company I purchased from have offered to replace it but did say it’s within tolerance. I’ll take them up on that offer as I want to avoid issues in the future.

Take your straightedge with you......a long spirit level is fine.
I can't say I've heard of a shower tray bowed 'within tolerance' before.

Sponsored Links
First one that I bought was bowed. I complained and they sent out a new one that was flat. I'd want a flat one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back