Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m in the process of buying this house and as you can see there are issues with the brickwork, concrete lintel and gutters that will need repairing.

I am doing my research and read about how poor mortar joints can let in water and cause structural issues.

I have concerns as I will probably complete in January and am aware that winter could make this worse and also completing works may become more difficult in during colder months. I know the picture isn’t great but would love to hear your thoughts on whether this is repairable or if you suspect hidden/ structural damage. Would there be signs of structural damage? What would this look like?
Thanks in advance for any advice or comments ☺️
IMG_0890.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You cannot really tell from your picture the condition of the pointing but I've seen a lot worse and don't think leaving it over winter will be an issue. Similarly with the lintel, it will need replaceing eventually but won't become unsafe. Where what I assume are old bathroom waste pipes have been cut off will also need sorting properly but if they are sealed inside again no hurry to rectify leave it until all the jobs can be done at the same time.
Facia boards gutters and downpipes just need painting as far as I can see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back