Build a box or replace toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced my bathroom floor and in the process, broke my 20+ year old toilet. I've fit the pictured toilet but it's a 17-18cm gap to the wall, and causing the cistern to lean forward.

Should I have a box built around it, or replace it all? It's close cistern and others I've found won't reach the gap.

Can I replace it with a low level? Thank you

1000015263.png
1000015265.png

1000015264.png

Sponsored Links
You'll get a little further back by using one of these:
Without breaking up the floor, (the only way to make perfect) make a box from 22mm MDF and sand and paint it well.
That flexible connector is a liability with the bend on it, and needs attention!
John :)

Sponsored Links
You'll get a little further back by using one of these:
Without breaking up the floor, (the only way to make perfect) make a box from 22mm MDF and sand and paint it well.
That flexible connector is a liability with the bend on it, and needs attention!
Hi John, thanks for the info. Am getting quotes for the box behind it.
Can you elaborate more on the flexible connecter? Why is it a liability and how can I not have a bend in it?
Thank you,
Matt

Looking at the flexible pipe, I see an isolator valve which is great but the pipe seems to take a sharp 90 deg bend, even maybe with a kink?
These things - work of the devil really but they are often used - need a good smooth run to keep them safe. I've had one burst - not for any particular reason that I could see and it was WRAC approved - so I don't like them!
I'd suggest a 90 deg compression bend after the isolator and fix the flexy to that.
A flush valve with an internal drain to the pan takes away the need for an overflow pipe which you may like to consider, unless it's already there.
Regards

Looking at the flexible pipe, I see an isolator valve which is great but the pipe seems to take a sharp 90 deg bend, even maybe with a kink?
These things - work of the devil really but they are often used - need a good smooth run to keep them safe. I've had one burst - not for any particular reason that I could see and it was WRAC approved - so I don't like them!
I'd suggest a 90 deg compression bend after the isolator and fix the flexy to that.
A flush valve with an internal drain to the pan takes away the need for an overflow pipe which you may like to consider, unless it's already there.
Regards
Hi John, thanks very much for lengthy reply.
Just had another look at the flexy and I think the angle of the top-down photos makes it look worse. From the side it's not kinked but does take a turn so I will take on your suggestion!
The overflow pipe is now out of use as the new flush valve has the internal drain, but I appreciate the extra advice.
Matt :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back