Building unit for washing machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just opened up a utility and a toilet and a coal bunker room to make one 3mtr x 3mtr square room with large window, separated from the kitchen by a chimney breast.

I want to make this into a kitchen dining room, but there's a washing machine in one corner, that has to be hidden.

I don't want to use a kitchen unit, but make similar that will suit the room, where I will put a TV.

Has anyone got ideas for this, including the top, and the door, please?
Cheers, Camerart

Sponsored Links
Floor to ceiling cupboard, shelving inside above washing machine for laundry.
Can’t recommend a finish as have no idea what your decor is.

Floor to ceiling cupboard, shelving inside above washing machine for laundry.
Can’t recommend a finish as have no idea what your decor is.
Hi F,
Similar to a single washing machine kitchen unit with 'say' 6 to 9 inches gap at the side for washing powder. No kitchen unit top, but just a timber top.
There's a wall on one side and I was thinking I'd add a stud wall at the other making the sides up.
I'm not sure about how the door would fit?
As for decoration, I can choose that.
C

Sponsored Links
10 ft /3m may be a tall ask with a 600mm cabinet in the corner door will open to 1200mm
a say 4 seater oblong table will need around 450-500 each side for a seat and a table perhaps 700-800 wide so 1600-1800mm plus walk round space
so needs careful planning
maybe a round table ???

all depends on the room entry door and its opening into or out off the room

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back