Burlington bathrooms any good, about to spend £4k on them :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im doing up a 1930's house which has some pretty horendous 1970's decor. Im looking to order all the sanitory items shortly and want to do this using traditional styles. There are several options out there I know, Sanitan, Twyfords etc Sanitan is a bit too dear for me Twyfords would be ok but Ive come accross a company Ive never heard of Burlington. there is nothing on their website about the company age etc, dunno if its a traditional company or a new one pretending to be.

Bottom line with WC, sinks, taps shower valves etc I need about £4ks worth of kit for the two bathrooms and Im a little nervous as Ive never used their gear.

Anyone used it got any comments?

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Burlington Bathrooms do not seem to be registered at Companies House, unless they use another trading name.
They have offices throughout Europe, Israel and South Africa, but if you click on Contact Us and choose any of the UK contacts they just point you to distributors, not Burlington themselves.
Their outlets all seem to be small independants.

Their catalogue has another web address on it for European Bathroom (singular, also not seemingly registered at CH) but the URL does not work.
There is a European BathroomS, but they are a showroom for various brands.

Hi,

Ive come accross a company Ive never heard of Burlington. there is nothing on their website about the company age etc, dunno if its a traditional company or a **new one pretending to be**.

Burlington used to be a name on high level cast iron WC cisterns- I know where my bet would be placed ;)

.[/quote] Burlington used to be a name on high level cast iron WC cisterns- I know where my bet would be placed ;)[/quote]

What do you mean here? You think they must be a new company pretending to be old?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Burlington are a brand owned by Bathroom Brands:

"Bathroom Brands is a Jersey based group providing a low cost supply chain of branded and unbranded quality bathroom products."

Bathroom Brands
BBL House
Jubilee Promenade
Albert Pier
St Helier
Jersey
JE2 3NW
[email protected]

I suspect they have a Chinese parent company, going by the logo on http://www.bathroombrands.com/

Personally I'd stick with a known brand for ease of spares etc in the future.

Yes I think we will give Burlington a miss.

Can anyone recommend any decent UK or European based companies, Ideally we are looking for an Art Deco suite but would consider Victorian style etc

Thanks

Yeah I have, their Plaza suite is the Art Deco, finding Ideal is quite expensive over Twyfords though, almost making Sanitan a good deal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back