Buying Timber Sash & Casement: UK V Poland

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - I’m new on this and hoping someone can assist!

I’m looking to replace 7 sash windows and 4 square bays (casement) as they’re rotten to hardwood timber. I’ve been quoted £50k+ (in softwood) from a local window firm (remove the old / install) in Grays Essex.

I’ve shopped around and have come across a firm in Poland who are offering to supply the 7 sash and the 4 bays in hardwood meranti double glazed painted and delivered to me in Grays Essex for £18k. Installation and the removal of existing excluded obviously. The firm seems decent and been engaging with me and seem legit from what I can gather. They have told me they occasionally use a firm in the UK to carry out installs (yet to receive his details).

My queries:

- has anyone any experiences of procuring from abroad?
- can anyone recommend me of any other firms I can speak with in Europe?
- can anyone recommend an installer that will cover Grays Essex RM17 area for the removal and install? I’d also like the installer to carry out a final survey for me to ensure measurements are spot on before I place the order.

Thank you and some photos for reference.

Attachments

• eaf089a8-16b8-4810-a399-5fab4b718432.jpeg
    eaf089a8-16b8-4810-a399-5fab4b718432.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5474.jpeg
    IMG_5474.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5475.jpeg
    IMG_5475.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back