Campini Hot Water Tank Thermostat wiring query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I've got this thermostat in my hot water tank, and I'm trying to determine which colours are linked to Common and 1 - either blue or brown - so I can link it to a Nest thermostat and Drayton HW Valve. Earth is self explanatory.

The attached images show how it is wired currently, plus the wiring diagram on the inside of the thermostat cover.

It looks like 1 has been bridged between the regulator and the limiting device with the white cable, but then that appears to be two "C"s and no "1"??

Any suggestions as to which is the correct wire colour for Common? This is the last problem in my wiring diagram to fix - please help!

Sponsored Links
Wiring is usually done at the wiring center, think they’re both common as the limiter also closes supply off. I’m not up on these, as they’re usually worked on by G3 registered engineers.

If you assume both wires are Common, does the above circuit still work? Nest calls for hot water through 6 from the heatlink, routes through the tank thermostat through one common, back out with the other, to the switched live through the HW valve to the boiler? If tank reaches the set temperature, the circuit is broken and the boiler turns off?

Sponsored Links
In this instance it doesn't matter. Your two diagram reds are existing brown and blue in any order.

The combined stat will give you electrical contuinity when
1) the temperature of the water that the stat reads is below stat set point and
2) the set point of the overheat safety stat has not been exceeded

Minor matter; a tag of red on each end of the blue wire would not go amiss

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back