Can’t remove broken wine cooler from fitted kitchen unit housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
12 years ago we paid a firm to give us a new fitted kitchen. The wine cooler as supplied by them has now stopped working. We want to remove it from its very snug fitted kitchen slot so we can look to see if it is repairable or if not replace it. Currently when we tried to slide the unit out it is fouling on the floor tiles which have only been laid up to the kick board of the fitted units. The wine cooler cabinet sits on 4 adjustable legs with only the front two legs being currently accessible. Using a spanner we managed to lower these front two legs to as low as they will go but the unit still fouls on the tiles when we try to tilt it as much as is possible and slide it out. The tiles sit about 20mm up from the floor level the cooler is sitting on.

Short of ripping up the tiles is there anything else that can be done to slide out the unit. I have attached some photos which hopefully help to further explain the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_5227.jpeg
    IMG_5227.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5210.jpeg
    IMG_5210.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So thanks for all the suggestions.

I tried lowering all 4 legs as far as they would go and the unit is still fouling on the tiles.

I tried raising one of the front legs to see if it would screw out completely but the cooler frame quickly began to foul on the underside of the worktop.

It looks like I am going to have to try and cut the legs off. They appear to be stainless steel bolts. I am using a 17mm spanner to turn the nuts threaded on to the bolt, see photo. I will try to hacksaw through the bolt which looks like it might be stainless steel. I was just wondering if there is a better way than a hacksaw of doing this

Attachments

• IMG_5236.jpeg
    IMG_5236.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back