Can anyone recommend a TRV that isn't a Drayton TRV4......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
....but is compatible with the Drayton Wiser eTRV head?

Hi everyone, I'm installing some TRVs on radiators downstairs and wanted to fit the fancy electronic TRVs (there is a fairly good reason for this but it's a bit long winded).

So clever me bought some Drayton TRV4s to install so it would guarantee the heads would fit.

But unfortunately, for some reason only known to the big brains at Drayton, they've decided that pipes aren't going to go into their valves as far as pretty much every other valve on planet Earth.

Normally I guess this wouldn't be a problem if you had a bit of play on the pipe but on the radiators I'm fitting them to, there's no play whatsoever.

So it's either try to trim a perfect cut off the pipe in a cramped spot with a junior hacksaw, dismantling half the kitchen and office or getting a TRV body that's got the same depth inlet as the ones I'm taking off.

Ideally it'd be a decent brand but I think Danfoss might not fit the Drayton heads without some kind of magic adaptor.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back