Can I do this ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
blocks.jpg

Yeah I know theres no flue shown

A lil spacer to allow for piping etc to be routed behind the boiler (In Red)

Anyways I was thinking Wood ........ Or do I have to go Steel Box section or similar ? :cool:

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
The boiler manufacturer's installation instructions should tell you what restrictions exist regarding the type of material on which the boiler can be mounted. If they don't, then ring the manufacturer.

A boiler should always be mounted on a non combustible surface. A sheet of plasterboard on any wood will do.

Most boiler manufacturers supply a ready made spacing frame kit for just this purpose.

gas4you said:
A boiler should always be mounted on a non combustible surface. A sheet of plasterboard on any wood will do.

Most boiler manufacturers supply a ready made spacing frame kit for just this purpose.

I looked @ the price & broke out in to a cold sweat

Sponsored Links
Dont follow why it made you sweat cold, theVaillant one is only about £22 + VAT :confused:

gas4you said:

Some of 'em (like Buderus) supply them free with the boiler.:cool:

Great ......... I'm off down to "Box Sections R Us" ...... Gonna make me self a bracket :eek:

John M said:
Cos its more than that ....... Whats the Vaillant one made out of ? :p

No it isn't. I buy the Vaillant ones in at just under £22 + VAT.

gas4you said:
John M said:
Cos its more than that ....... Whats the Vaillant one made out of ? :p

No it isn't. I buy the Vaillant ones in at just under £22 + VAT.

Nahh the one fer the boiler I'm thinkin' of is more ........ I wasn't being very clear there :oops:

Anyways metal it is ....... Might have a go @ welding ........ Umm Drama :D

WHat boiler....
Many boilers CAN be put on a wooden wall - as always, see the instrs.

Its says ........ Bolt the top support strip it to the wall wiv these here Plugged bolts & hang ya boiler thus....... Failing that buy our self supporting frame that will hold ya boiler yadda yadda.....

Timber frames houses code blah blah .......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back