can I have an electric meter in my downstairs wc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im just about to install a downstairs wc in my house...done a bit of shifting around....and the electric meter is in the way......I have rung Yorkshire elec to have it moved & they want £300 up front plus i have to pay for an electrician to do all the work.

Is there any requirements that I need to adhere to so that I could keep my meter in my downstairs WC ????

Or is this a definite no no?

Many thanks? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A mate of mine is having an old gas meter and electricity meter replaced with outdoor meters. He is being charged £400 for each, all in (if that helps you gauge the cost).

Sponsored Links
Oooh, just a thought: If they are "moving the meter", don't they replace it with a new one anyway? In which case, surely an external meter would be fine for the WC (although I dunno if it would need to be fitted in a suitable box :confused: )

Doesn't really help you much though I suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back