can Insulation for an internal wall cause a problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya Guys,
I have an upstairs box room with two external walls that join in the corner, i want to put insulation on just one of the walls, i dont want to do them both because one of them has a window and didnt want to go to the extreme of getting it all plastered, my idea is to make a small hanging space for clothes, but someone told me that if i didnt put insulation on both the walls, then it would cause a cold spot in the corner and cause condensation problems, i thought that insulation on one wall was better that nothing, i have cavity wall insulation, but i wanted to be doubly safe, whats your thought guys? am i being given daft advice?

Sponsored Links
Re your plan.
Moisture in the air will settle on a cold surface especially if there is a lack of air movement. So in a cupboard or behind a unit.
Just means if you have humidity in the air it will settle on cold spot.
We get very little to no condensation because we use a dehumidifier to dry washing in our spare room, plus we run dehumidifier for 3 hours every evening during the winter.

So to answer.
If you were to dry washing in your house or create alot of humidity this will settle at night on the coldest surfaces. Might be that one wall. Might be the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back