Can these seals on my opening lights be replaced

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Most of my PVC windows are in relatively good condition but some of the black seals on some of the opening lights are starting to perish, become brittle and fall away. Not on the window that I have photographed below. It was just the easiest window that I could photograph to use to try to show which seals I was referring to.

I haven't tried to remove any of the existing defective seals yet for fear of causing further damage to them but do these seals just push into a recess in the white frame of the opening light and if they do, can they just be prised out and a replacement seal of a similar profile then be pushed into the groove? I assume when the windows were originally manufactured the white frames were extruded and welded together and the black seals that I now nwwd to replace were fitted after that but I may be wrong?

IMG_7598.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes they look like they pull out most likely a bubble gasket but there are various shapes and sizes, look underneath the opener for the joint and pull a bit out and snip a bit off, then have a look on eBay or the like and buy a sample bag, find the one that fits best and order it by the metre

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back