Can you buy ready made insulated walls?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to turn a garden shed into a mini office.

Just wondering if you can buy ready made pieces, like base, 4 walls and 2 pieces for the roof.

I've seen videos about Elon Musks cheap home - built from ready made pieces.

For me, insulation is the most important part! I want to be warm when it gets cold!

I'm sure what I want doesn't exist just yet. But is there anything that comes close?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
These guys can help....

I built my double garage with them and very quick, easy to build and strong. I have no connection to the firm but was very happy with the product and service.... and other similar firms are on the internet too so worth browsing.

Sponsored Links
I want to turn a garden shed into a mini office.

Just wondering if you can buy ready made pieces, like base, 4 walls and 2 pieces for the roof.

I've seen videos about Elon Musks cheap home - built from ready made pieces.

For me, insulation is the most important part! I want to be warm when it gets cold!

I'm sure what I want doesn't exist just yet. But is there anything that comes close?

Thanks.
Yes, it’s a well known technology known as SIPs Structurally Insulated Panels.

In simple terms they are made with 2 sheets of OSB board, spaced apart and the middle filled with foam PIR insulation, the end result is a very strong panel. But it’s quite expensive.

For what you want, buying studwork and sheets of insulation will be cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back