Can't increase boiler pressure on Ideal Classic 2 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20241021_155910.jpg
IMG_20241021_155914.jpg

I bled a couple of radiators in the house earlier but the heating and hot water stopped soon after. The boiler pressure is now at 0 but I cannot seem to increase it. The valves underneath don't do anything, despite this working for other boilers I've had in the past. Any idea what the issue is? According to the manual, all the valves are currently open which is strange. Bought this house 3 months ago and the heating and hot water has been fine until now

Sponsored Links
Doesn't have thre integrated fill loop that are found between the right 2 valves (blue and black) on Ideals

Must have a braided hose type loop somewhere between the cold water pipe and the central heating pipe - look for something similar to this.

1729524593543.png

View attachment 359985View attachment 359986
I bled a couple of radiators in the house earlier but the heating and hot water stopped soon after. The boiler pressure is now at 0 but I cannot seem to increase it. The valves underneath don't do anything, despite this working for other boilers I've had in the past. Any idea what the issue is? According to the manual, all the valves are currently open which is strange. Bought this house 3 months ago and the heating and hot water has been fine until now

No internal filling loop on this boiler.
Look for external one.
Silver braided hose with black lever valve at one or both ends.

Sponsored Links
So we actually found the external loop in the storage under the stairs. But thanks, we would have known what to look floor thanks to all the responses!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back