Cant tighten plastic nut and bolt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys..I can't tighten the plastic nuts and bolts that hold cistern to toilet..I can only hand tighten them as its a close coupled toilet with very little room and i need them tighter to form a seal with the black doughnut onto toilet..is there a special tool that I need ? Ta

Attachments

• 20240904_125120.jpg
    20240904_125120.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
You need to put the cistern onto the close coupled pan base first, with the bolts through the holes in the cisterna and the base, then tighten it all up.

You do get other S/S bolt kits that tighten up to the base of the cistern first (small nuts) and then are put onto the base and the wing nuts tighten it the whole thing down to the base like these.
1725458252412.png

Yours are these, they run straight through both the cistern and the base and only bolt from underneath the pan

1725458296683.png

Well I tightened them with hand as much as I possibly could until fingers started to hurt...so far ,so good no leaks yet....they have slotted end for screwdriver at the bolt end but can't see how that will tighten as you need to hold the nut underneath, impossible lol

Sponsored Links
You need to put the cistern onto the close coupled pan base first, with the bolts through the holes in the cisterna and the base, then tighten it all up.

You do get other S/S bolt kits that tighten up to the base of the cistern first (small nuts) and then are put onto the base and the wing nuts tighten it the whole thing down to the base like these.
View attachment 354492

Yours are these, they run straight through both the cistern and the base and only bolt from underneath the pan

View attachment 354493

Not seen these plastic fixings. Daft idea, slightest movement and then there is a leak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back