Car electrified to shock vandals

Sponsored Links
If 'twas himself, disregarding advice given, proved costly!
Could have been much worse ...... end of tether ?
P

Sponsored Links
ahh our ****ed up country where we can't even protect our own property

the news article is sketchy on details though so thier is no indication of how nasty he made it.

if your gonna do somethinbg like that, do it properly. a few KV belt from the car would stop them coming back

Also no mention of what the vandals got either, I doubt if they got anything.

Suppose he's now got the "victims" no win no fee lawyers to contend with as well.

Good luck to him. I reckon the vandal was his grassing neighbour.

What kind of p***k would call the Police before speaking to the Guy?

Also, he should have parked it in his garden then done it, nothing the law could do then.

reminds me of: and the person progresses on the conveyor belt towards the rotating knives sketch.

I recall watching Top Gear some years ago, they were in South Africa and were covering the lengths people had gone to to prevent car jacking etc. One guy had actually set up flame throwers all around the sill of the car. Fantastic.:cool:

Funny how they say 'a member of the puplic might accidently come in contact with the car' When its parked behind your house. I suppose they accidentally vandalised it as well. :evil:

FWL_Engineer said:
Also, he should have parked it in his garden then done it, nothing the law could do then.
That's not so - you have a duty of care to anyone on your property, even if they are there illegally.

If you've done something deliberate to endanger them, e.g. electrified cars, mantraps, dogs you know to be dangerous, then you are breaking the law.

ban-all-sheds said:
FWL_Engineer said:
That's not so - you have a duty of care to anyone on your property, even if they are there illegally.

If you've done something deliberate to endanger them, e.g. electrified cars, mantraps, dogs you know to be dangerous, then you are breaking the law.
Yes you're right, a burglar won a court case from the houseowner who put nails upside down on his fence panel. I have also seen glass on top of brick wall :!:

masona said:
ban-all-sheds said:
FWL_Engineer said:

Yes you're right, a burglar won a court case from the houseowner who put nails upside down on his fence panel. I have also seen glass on top of brick wall :!:

That's just plain stupidity though. OK, if it was a young lad retrieving his football, fair enough, but the burglar shouldn't have been there in the first place should he.

Must remeber to lay fluffy carpety on my footpath, lest some barefooted member of the public cut their feet on the rough concrete.

Does that mean that the paint for the tops of walls that stays slippy is also illegal, in case the poor burglar might slip and hurt himself?

Razor wire is no doubt legal as it is obvious what it is, but it would make the house look like a prison.

What about booby-traps? I was thinking, an electrified car sits there waiting to shock someone. But, what would be the legal position on this:

Install glass-break sensors on your house windows. Have the sensors activate a pepper spray or similar non-lethal weapon concealed next to the window, directed about 5-6 feet from the ground (i.e. where the burglar's face would be).

To set it off, you would have to be obviously and deliberately committing a crime, there is no chance that a member of the public would accidentally be breaking into your house. :?:

Sponsored Links
Back