Carelink 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m thinking of getting one for my mum. Anyone on here use one or have an elderly friend or relative that has one? Any good?

Sponsored Links
My Mum has a Council supplied system called Carecall.

She pays so much a month. She thinks it's a waste, but I persuade her to carry on with it. She once set it off while gardening and didn't realise until two paramedics appeared in the back garden (they had access to the key safe).

They are good. As long as the person remembers to wear the button.

My Mum has a Council supplied system called Carecall.
My mum has something similar already. The council installed it when she came home from hospital after falling and breaking a hip. She's never used it for assistance but she was once woken up at 4.00 in the morning after rolling on the button in her sleep and not hearing the operator calling her. They sent a paramedic to check on her (they keep the code for the keysafe) as she didn’t respond to the operator talking to her through the machine as she'd taken a sleeping tablet! The reason I’m asking is that the council are now saying that from August, she will have to pay £7.51 per week to keep it and I see the Carelink24 is availible for just £12 a month. I might give it a go.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ordered one today for her. It’s exactly the same as the one she's got. Free equipment, £45 one-off setup fee and £114 for the year which includes an introductory 25% discount so £2.20 a week for the monitoring. £2.90 per week from year 2 onwards.

Came today, plugged it in and all working fine. They answered and greeted her by name. If they had got no response they would have alerted the authorities and they would attend. They have mine, my sisters and her doctors contact numbers as well as what medication she is on and what allergies she has and the code to the keysafe. I’d recommend one if you’ve got someone that will feel safer knowing they can summons assistance in case of a fall or whatever 24/7.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back