CAST IRON TOILET WASTE COLLAR DOES NOT FIT THROUGH BACK TO WALL TOILET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

Renovating my daugters bathroom and she has purchased this back to wall toilet from wickes.

The issue I have is that the collar on the cast iron soil pipe does not fit through the opening on the back of toilet. I can lift the pan over the collar and lower the pan down but then theres is no space to get my hands in to make the connection between pan and waste.

Do youy think it would be possible to fit a mcalpine flexiwaste such as the item below and there would be enough flexibility in the connector to fit it into place and then lift the pan to get over the soil pipe collar?

Or is it better to bite the bullet and try cutting of the collar with a reciprocating saw and carbide blade.

Thanks for any advice as I've never cut a cast iron soil pipe before.

Attachments

• IMG-20240714-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240714-WA0000.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20240714-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240714-WA0001.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi

After cutting the collar off, the internal diameter of the cast soil stack is around 85mm rather than 90mm. I'm struggling to get the fins of the Flexi connector fully into the soil pipe. I've tried washing up liquid but still no joy. Any suggestions on how to connect into a cut cast iron soil stack with 85mm internal diameter.

Thanks

Basin of boiling water for the finned end and silicone grease on the ID of the cast and really go for it. Worst case, use a sanding wheel to flatten and polish the ID of the cast to make it easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back