Caulk disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bigger problem is I found this big gap here. Any idea what I can buy to fill it and do i just use normal superglue to glue it?

Thanks.
IMG_20221003_144025.jpg

Sponsored Links
As regards the caulk round the bottom edge - remove as much as you can before anyone sees it.

As regards the large hole, have a look round a builders merchant or large DIY shop in the uPVC cladding section and see what you can find. Something like a corner strip for fascias may do, it you cut it down/adapt it a bit.

Last edited:
If your not good with mastic. Masking tape either side with gap where you want mastic. Apply. Run finger down. Pull tape. Run finger down again.
As above find plastic trim end or something and adapt for that hole. Make cardboard template if required to get shape.
Don't use superglue as no give and it cracks plastic when it moves with heat. Use a polymer grab like CT1 or a Ob1 or cheaper version.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back