Cement board for greenhouse/shed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

We have a wooden shed which I’d (my wife) would like to put a lean-to green house against.

I have concerns about the impact the heat /moisture/plants will have on the wood cladding. I’m thinking about replacing (or less likely, covering) the wood cladding on the wall the lean-to will be on.

What would be the best material - I was thinking cement board ?? Any advice on material or specifications much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is your wooden shed not in the heat , moisture of the weather?
Living in NE Scotland the shed isn’t in the heat :) (a)typical summer temps of 16°C but the inside of the greenhouse can easily reach 40-50°C plus the humid/tropical environment if the plants were watered in the am and the temperature increases during the day.

Happy to be corrected but don’t think wood will be a long term option as the barrier between dry/15° and humid/30° environments. ‍???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back