cental heating "trouble"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my central heating recently had a new valve fitted,to one of the downstairs radiators,now my hot water dosent get hot any more,although my radiators do upstairs and down, can anyone help as this is doing my head in, thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't quite understand the question,are you saying your hot water is not getting hot or the hot water in your radiator not getting hot ?

my radiators are working but my hot water supply is not. sorry i did'nt make it clear first time round.

Can you tell me more about your system ?

Do you have a combi boiler ? e.g. no water tank & hot water cylinder etc...

Do you have a water cylinder ?

What type of boiler ?

Sponsored Links
it,s a open vent system, with a hot water storage,feed,and expansion tank,
the boiler is a baxi solo wm 50/4 rs .

Did this happen after when the radiator valve fitted ?

Also check no valves been shutdown on the hot water side.

masona - yes it all went wrong after the radiator valve was fitted. everything worked perfectly beforehand. We got the plumber back out and he said it had nothing to do with it and didn't know what was causing it.

Sorry should've asked you this first,do you have a motorized valves on the hot water system?

Does the hot tap have running water and it is a good flow?

Have a look at your programmer for dirty connection or wire loose on the hot water side,remember to turn off power supply.

Is the water cylinder stat setting correctly or faulty?

forget all past faults, biggest one occured during the night, water pouring out of the boiler. Think we need a heating engineer quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back