Central heating not coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need help if anyone can please.
I had my boiler serviced the other day and the engineer spotted that my pump was running permanently and this was causing my boiler to run to often, i investigated the problem and found that the microswitch on my HW motorized valve was burn out in the 'on' position, luckily i had a spare motorized valve so i swapped the unit over , this sorted the problem with the pump out but unfortunately woke up the next morning to find we had no HW, it turns out that this motorized valves microswitch had also burnt out but in the 'off' position, i managed to make a good unit out of the 2 whilst a get a new microswitch and now the HW works great, but since i have got the pump working correctly the HTG is not working properly my room stat can click on at 20 and be set at 25 but the heating just doesn't seem to either come on or get hot, i set a digital thermometer up in the same room as the room stat and that read it was 18 but my stat was clicking at 24? Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this, my heating was working fine when it was faulty.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would get rid off the makeshift valve you have created and fit a new one.

Sounds as though this is the cause of your problems.

Have you traced the voltage with a multimeter to find where it is breaking down?

Hi, Thanks for reply.
I have sorted out the issue my other valve for the HTG had an intermittant fault on the actuator motor the PCB had a small hairline crack in the track and occasionally arced across and brought heating on, swapped motor and now all works great .
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks for reply.
I have sorted out the issue my other valve for the HTG had an intermittant fault on the actuator motor the PCB had a small hairline crack in the track and occasionally arced across and brought heating on, swapped motor and now all works great .
Cheers
how did changing the motor repair the board? or did you change the whole actuator?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back