Central Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house which has a Valliant Combi boiler. The pilot light is on, and the water gets hot, but I cannot seem to get the heating working. There are some instrauctions on the inside door of the boiler indicating what needs to be switched on and this is all OK. The timer is working and flicking on and off, and the temperature control is up to 5-6. The instructions also say to turn the thermostat up but we have been unable to locate a thermostat. All radiators are turned on. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
i am not a plumber or heating engineer, this is only a suggestion, have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Also if you do this you may need to top up the system, so make a note of what the little gauge is reading now (probably 1 bar) then turn the tap on the fill loop sothe needle goes back to what it was, then turn the tap off.

The fill loop is a silver braided pipe under your boiler)

are you sure ther is no room stat? it would be unusual not to have one (but it can work without, that is unless some one took it with them)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back