Central Heating System Knocking/Banging.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an outdoor combi boiler which is three years old (oil fired). When the heating is switched on (more so from cold) there is a really bad banging from what appears to be the second radiator in the line. As this is in a bedroom it wakes most of the house up !!

It sounds like it comes from the thermo valve but this has been changed twice and has made no difference. I have bled the system which is pressurised and appears to be ok. I have 12 rads on the system and this is the only one that is a problem.

I have had this problem from installation, it was put in early spring so not used for the first months until winter and by that time the installer had gone out of business.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
was the trv replaced like for like :?:

does it have an arrow on the valve body :?:

Hi Kevplumb,
Many thanks for the reply.

Yes the thermo valve was replaced like for like, it doesn't appear to have an arrow on the body.

Mylo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back