CH Okay not hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone assist? My Ch is fine and no problems however the hot water is non existent. I have been up into my loft after hearing a ticking from what I thought were the pipes. When I got to the loft I found it was the 2 port zone valve that was ticking (sounded like it was tripping off). Would this affect my hotwater if it wa faulty?
have an engagement party tonight (mine ) and don't fancy a cold shower...

Sponsored Links
This sounds like the synchron motor seized or sticking, if the valve has a manual lever, then push it to manually open, do this with the system off, it should lock open, however this is a temp measure and you should look at getting the motor changed.

Regards

It's also symptomatic of the motor gear teeth having been stripped. Switch off the power, and take the cover off the valve then undo the screws holding the works to the head and have a look at the teeth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back