CH pump causing the lights to dim.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A recent poster mentioned that his CH was wired from the lighting and that when the pump came on the lighting dimmed.
Any comments?

Sponsored Links
power drain on the lighting circuit. same kinda thing happens to the lights when a hoover is switched on or shower

i was thinking like in the movies, electric chair, lights dimming

Recent poster responding.
This was a feature of my house in freezing January 1987 for the week I lived in it while the heating worked, after the three weeks when it didn't, before I did the rewire.
The old wiring was probably 1920s, cracked rubber insulation, mixture of 15A and 5A round sockets, some off the lighting circuit, several without earth connections.
Nothing now dims the lights except the dimmer switch :D :D

Sponsored Links
Gotta watch those electric chairs. Lots of them are pretty old and the wiring can be lethal.

Yeah, under no circs must you shave your head, apply a conductive lotion and fit the skull cap.......

I remember reading in a US newspaper that many years ago supervising staff preparing an electric chair for an execution somehow caused an exposion a fire and severely injured themselves.
I would imagine that at leisure in the burns unit they would have had ample time to re-evaluate the whole process.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back