chafteaux maury combi 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler is firing up but the 2nd stage ignition will not stay on long enough to heat the water for a shower. it will keep on reigniting but it will not stay on. it does the same thing with the heating too. i have had the boiler looked at by first action they failed to fix the original problem which was a blocked dhw heat exchanger. this was replaced along with the 3 way valve and the circuit board. the boiler worked fine up until recently i have flushed the system and the water is coming out clean so no sludge or black soot build up. does anyone know what could cause this ? is it some sort of timer setting or a temperature regulator or something like that. Also if i need a new boiler can it be installed in an upstairs toilet ?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the secondary heat exchanger may have blocked again. I'd check that first, even if you have flushed the system.

Becuse the water outflow is clean, it does not mean there is no sediment in the sysyem. Sediment will settle in system troughs.

If boiler is rapid firing during heating as well as HW, it is unlikely to be HW heat echanger. I think more likely ignition sequence defect

tried the exchange it was flowing clear and no problem the water can sometimes come out hot but only with a slow flow. it just keeps going out on the full burn phase

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a fan/venturi/APS problem but these should be dealt with by a competent CORGI.

Tony

thanks agile i was thinking that from reading some earlier posts in the forum next question do you know any corgi engineers that cover the dagenham Essex area as i have already been fleaced by 1st action and i can't afford to get fleeced again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back