Challenge Circular saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Challenge PSC185V circular saw I haven't used for sometime. I want to use it now but find the blade isn't tight and using the Allen key the motor just turns whether I hold the blade or not.

On my grinder there is a spindle lock but I cannot find anything on the saw. I've tried Google and YouTube to no avail. I know it's probably time to upgrade the saw but I've never had any issues with it.

I have searched on this website and found similar content but not for my make of saw. Please forgive me if I'm just missing the point.

This is my first post so be gentle.

Thanks

Dirk

Sponsored Links
No it's a standard clockwise turn? I didn't realise how long it's been since I used the saw so I've only myself to blame

are there no buttons near the motor shaft[spindle locks] or a maybe a hole a tool or fitted say allen or hex key can go in ??

normally with a proper matching blade often with flat points to catch the blade holding collet /washer there is far more friction so holding the blade or spindle lock and will 100% lock the clamping screw/washer onto the blade
are all the fittings and the blade the correct ones ??

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You haven't got the wrong side of the 'washer' facing the blade have you?

Looking at one for sale on ebay
Do you have a angle grinder 2 pin type key for it as well?
Looks like you maybe hold the washer with the 2 pin key to lock the motor and then tighten the allen screw????

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Cheap saws don’t always have a lock , you can jam the blade with a screw driver across teeth to allow tightening .

I can use a screwdriver to stop the blade rotating but when I try tightening the large washer it's just turns around and I can hear them more to turn in round slowly I can't do it unless I can stop them motor turning.

You haven't got the wrong side of the 'washer' facing the blade have you?

Looking at one for sale on ebay
Do you have a angle grinder 2 pin type key for it as well?
Looks like you maybe hold the washer with the 2 pin key to lock the motor and then tighten the allen screw????

I wasn't sure where the reply option was so hit the quote button.

I'm so grateful for your advice you hit the nail on the head it was a case of using my grinder two pin lever then tightening the Allen bolt.

To think how long I spent looking at a solution and it simply in front of me.

Thanks so much

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back