Changing from system to combi in a 1990 single storey bungalow where pipes are in screed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning guys, Im buying a 1990 single storey 2 bed bungalow where the ch pipes are buried in a screed. The previous owner only had a new Worcester boiler fitted last year sited next to airing cupboard and vented through outside wall, but the problem I face is I need the space in the loft and in need of cupboard space also.
I am hearing so many bad things about having a combi fitted and using the same pipework(buried in a screed) so is this a bad choice ? I also understand if the combi is fitted to the same pipework and you get a leak in the screed that home insurance companies wont pay out because it is wear and tear.
I am wondering if this is a big job and what the cost could be. The property has 2 beds, an en suite, bathroom, hallway, lounge and diner, Kitchen,and a conservatory.
Any advise would be gladly appreciated .
Cheers guys.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Current boiler in loft?
I've known a couple of of leaks in concrete over the years so not common.
I don't like boilers in lofts and I prefer all pipes to be accessible.
Depends on what you want

Hi, The present boiler is in the hallway and vented through external wall. We dont mind having the pipes running down the walls.

Sponsored Links
Back