Changing options on Echo Show

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to disable shopping notifications on my Echo Show 8 so that my other half doesn't see any gifts I have bought her. When I ask the question online, it says to do this via the Alexa app that I used to set the unit up originally. However, having a screen, the Echo Show can be set up without the app, therefore I don't have the app. Can I disable these notifications on the unit itself?

Sponsored Links
While the Alexa app isn't required to set up your Echo Show 5, it's essential for finding new Alexa skills to get the most out of your smart display. Download the app to any iOS or Android device and log in to begin sifting through the many Alexa skills.

Thanks. Can't see any Alexa skills that I would ever want though. Only use it to listen to Internet radio or Amazon music and as a dynamic photo viewer. However, I think I have managed to disable the notifications locally but if that hasn't worked then I will have to get the app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back