Check this out for wonky electrical advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See here for some unusual advice on fitting showers.

No wonder some DIY'ers are CONFUSED!!

Sponsored Links
I like this section

So work out a cable run from your consumer unit to the shower, hopefully youve have a spare socket in your consumer Unit for a hefty 32 amp (or even higher) trip or fuse. Your shower will tell you what size fuse to use - only the very low KW ones need a 32 amp fuse. Then you can trial your 15mm wire to the shower - remembering to put cable clips to keep things neat and tidy. Loose laid wire or twisted wire does not have the same effieciency as wire running striaght.

How many people have sockets in their Consumer unit I wonder?

Where do you buy 15mm2 Cable and why do the regs not mention it?

And as for the comment at the end..hahahahaha :)

This guy knows nothing about what he talking about.. I agree with secure, no wonder many are confused!!

but i don't like soup (much) and why would i want to shower in soup and juice ? (no don't go there)

Sponsored Links
I'm glad you said that. An upright forum like this one is no place for innuendo. :LOL: :LOL:

often requiring only a thick connection to mains electricity

Funny you should mention the word "thick"... ;)

FIn the tallest member of the family and then site the tallest part of the rail above 3 or 4 inches above his head

A good point, although I reckon maybe they should introduce a reg as many people I know in rented houses have a problem as they are 6 foot+ and whoever installed the shower must have been about 5 foot minus. 1200mm light switches? Only if showers must reach at least 6'6 above the bath.

This guy certainly needs a spellchecker. Some of what he says might be useful but unfortunately the area with most danger is the one he gets completely wrong. I.e. the 32A mcb (I wouldnt' want to own a 7kW shower!) and the 15mm cable (maybe he believes in over-engineering!)

I am awaiting his next article "naked flame mains gas maintenance for beginners"... :p

AdamW said:
I am awaiting his next article "naked flame mains gas maintenance for beginners"... :p
He's too busy working on "Carry out your own frontal lobotomy"

No, No Ban - he's obviosly done that one quite successfully already!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back