Cistern valve overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Puchased a new Torbeck bottom entry valve, which does not shut the water off, even though the float is completely submerged.
I have dismantled the antisyphon assembly, cleaned it. I bought and fitted a new one, but it also refuses to stop filling. Has anyone else had any experience with these valves?

Sponsored Links
grommet1 said:
Has anyone else had any experience with these valves?
Yes. They're sh*te. Except the ones that work after installation, but they become sh*te within a small number of months. If you live in a hard water area then they scale up before you've even taken them out of the packaging.

Given me a common-or-garden 'Chem any day. If you really can't fit in a float arm then Fluidmaster (as jay1 has said) are better.

Sponsored Links
Fitted 6 over the last few months ,coz it was all the merchants had in stock that day so "dafty bought em".

Anyway have been called back to several of them as they continually drip making me out to be a incompetant **** blinking things are rubbish .

Anybody else having same probs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back