Citadel XR2 alarm / new sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I have an old Citadel XR2 alarm and the PIR in the large shed is going off randomly during the night, quite often now

I want to replace it for the magnetic door sensor instead so it doesn’t go off unless opened.

I see they are easily available to buy online, but my question is, do you need to turn the mains power off to replace that sensor? I don’t really know much about alarms but I’m worried that the power being off will trigger the alarm and that will be going off for an hour whilst we rewire etc.

any advice or tips on rewiring the sensor would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
No ….just put it into engineering, don’t short the 12v supply at the garage detector or you might blow the fuse …as this is an optima/accenta check battery charging resistor on the pcb for damage , also check/ replace the battery and check the battery output voltage ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back