Cleaning up after renovation - removing emulsion and filler from carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Finishing off renovation and managed to get some matt emulsion, satin wood and wall filler on the carpet.

It isn't loads, just spots here and there, whats the best method to get rid of these?

Carpet is polypropylene.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Meths will soften paint. Try a patch first but I've not had any problems so far.

On my work trousers I use 0b1 paint remover in a spray can and it hasn't effected the colours so far. I've used on carpet tiles but never tried on normal carpet

Powdered filler try hot water. If that don't work then Bicarbonate of soda and water will dissolve but will take a couple of hours..

Water based paint brush cleaner for paint , any lumps of filler crush with hammer and vacuum .

WD40 works for gloss, ask me how I know! It was about 1/2 a litre :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses, I manged to get most of it up using some spot cleaner from world of clean, few faint patches remain but I guess they just need to be worked a little harder.

I had multi-solve to hand, tried that on the filler it didn't do much. Did find some silicone and used spot solve from world of clean on that and it came up with no issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back