Clone Fluke 116

D

DeltaT

Can anyone please help, we are looking for some Fluke 116 multimeter cheap clones. Anyone got any recommendations?
It's for our apprentices, so we're not wanting to fork out for the Flukes.
Looked at the Draper for example, which looks OK.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks 'snog', but I don't think the 'wire pullers' will use a Fluke 116, it's for HVAC. It's the dogs danglers for C/heating controls & boiler repairs/fault finding.

Needing a cheap digital multimeter, I picked up a 'Black Spur' :rolleyes: one from 'The Range' for £2.99. OK, no temperature measurement, but it's got enough bells and whistles for most other jobs I do, and I haven't broken it yet...... at that price I won't be too worried when I do break it.

Sponsored Links
More like a set of spurs to ride the Range(just a wee joke Tricky son)!!

Get a AVO from eBay :idea: Then the boy will know what a tool kit feels like to lug ;) You want milli amps - get a valve voltmeter there too:cool: . Temperature - get a clinical thermometer and show the apprentice the " other way " to take his temp. Not the armpit either :LOL:

I got a Fluke 25 from Ebay for a novice RGI friend.

Its big and solid and well protected against overloading and in a strong box if you choose one sold with it.

They usually sell for £20-£35.

I suspect they were developed for the services.

Tony

Thanks T, good call.
Not sure if they're autorange - which is very handy. Also, the temperature read-out is also very handy.

Perhaps the Draper ones will last for a wee while?? Lets hope & pray!!

I couldn't live without my Fluke 116, but with the low apprentices wages, I'll treat the lads to the Draper........All heart I know, I know!!

The 25 is very basic and I think autorange.

Ideal for somebody who does not know what he is doing!

And so solid!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back