Cold Roof ventilation - drill battens?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Is it ok to drill a few 10-15mm holes in the 50mm battens which are placed for the ventilation in a cold flat roof? To improve ventilation.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Doesn't sound like you are going down the right road! Why not post some pictures of what you hope to achieve.

Attaching a drawing, hopefully this makes sense.

As you can see, there is an existing wall and a pitched roof. The extension is going into that corner. The airflow is going to be achieved by using battens and vented soffits. But I will not be able to properly ventilate the corner where the two existing brick walls meet. So I am thinking to install a couple of flat roof round vents and drill a few holes in the batten in that corner to improve air circulation.

roof.png

I wouldn't worry about venting that corner with any extra roof vents, as I think vents on two and a half sides will be enough.
I would use rough sawn 4x1" timber instead of batons for cross ventilation.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry about venting that corner with any extra roof vents, as I think vents on two and a half sides will be enough.
I would use rough sawn 4x1" timber instead of batons for cross ventilation.
Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back