combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could anyone please advise , i have a worscester 40 he combi , its oversised as i wanted a good water flow rate i could manage with a 30 kw , what water flow rate would this give me compared to a 40 , im only thinking of changing as i think the 40 uses more gas than a 30 to heat up a 4 bed semi , will changing to a 30 save me 25% on gas usage or does it not work like that , is ther a straight forward way of finding out how much gas each model uses per hour , thanks rob

Sponsored Links
It will cost you more in buying a new boiler and having it fitted than any saving you would make.

Andy

Unlikely to save much at all. The big boiler will still modulate down
to meet demand. Perhaps not quite as low as a smaller boiler.

Save your cash and buy more insulation.

You only pay for the gas used!

The gas used depends on the heat you are taking from the boiler so it will be the same regardless of which boiler you have.

At part load the 40 kW is probably more efficient as the heat exchanger is larger.

Tony

Sponsored Links
should have been done when comissioned. you need an RGI to do it. might as well get him to service it at the same time.

IMO it is not a DIY job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back