Concrete blocks at differing sizes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed today it's a struggle to keep the outside skin level with the inner wall. Having checked I can see most of the concrete ones are 210mm high. So as the job goes on the difference is going to get worse.
Anyone heard of this. I'm wondering if I need a different merchant or complain to mine, or both.

Sponsored Links
I've noticed today it's a struggle to keep the outside skin level with the inner wall. Having checked I can see most of the concrete ones are 210mm high. So as the job goes on the difference is going to get worse.
Anyone heard of this. I'm wondering if I need a different merchant or complain to mine, or both.
Blocks have got smaller over the years. Down to penny pinching from the manu's I guess. They are no longer 100mm wide or 215mm deep any longer, rather they are a few mm under that.
As Woody said, muck up.

Sponsored Links
Blocks have got smaller over the years. Down to penny pinching from the manu's I guess. They are no longer 100mm wide or 215mm deep any longer, rather they are a few mm under that.
As Woody said, muck up.
Wouldn't be so bad if the celcons were the same height and you didn't need to hit 450 for the insulation.

Wouldn't be so bad if the celcons were the same height and you didn't need to hit 450 for the insulation.
Tell me about it. Were using 7n heavy bastads and the brickwork gauge is a wee bit above 75mm. Consequently, were having to use stiff muck and Christmas joints, just to keep in nick with the brickwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back