Conservatories and dpc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SWMBO is getting big ideas ! Looks like a conservatory is going to be added to the list ! Now I understand about the need for dpc's and dpm's, what I can't figure out (or find) is what you do when you get to existing wall. Cut into original dpc, run it up the wall round frame to isolate, fold back over 1st brick in next layer or have the con floor below original dpc ?
These all seem reasonably logical to me ( :confused: ), but what do I know.
Any pointers/help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.
Going for the self(ish) build option, any recommendations on decent suppliers ?

Sponsored Links
dpc.jpg

Couldn't find anything on the website and where that Rolf Harris when you want him ? (Hey,that's not a bad drawing from cheap MS Paint :LOL: )

Going for the self(ish) build option, any recommendations on decent suppliers ?
Give "Scoby_Beasley builder's Ltd" a ring :LOL:

Oh,er have fun on your forget-me-knot damp coarse :LOL:

Looks like I'll have to hit the voddy again so I can see 4 hands!!
Does the same overlap arrangement occur on corners / joints ?
By the way, nice artwork masona !

well i couldn't "guess what it is yet" , and where are the fence posts?

Sponsored Links
Ahhhhhhhhh right ! I had a feeling you'll be back :LOL:

I'll try make it clearer,you start off with say 3 courses of brickwork (red colour) up to your existing wall of your property and where your dpc is on your property,carefully cut a groove with a grinder back approx 300mm (not easy).On top of the new wall put down the dpc up to your property existing dpc (overlap) to the shape of the drawing shown above.The drawing you see is the side section,where you see the ex-wall that is your property and the conservatory going up to it and no need to put dpc right up to the top side of your conservatory frame.If you want to you can just overlap it straight across instead but damp can get in that way if it's not sealed properly.The drawing show 100% damp proof.If you're still not sure I will post some photo somehow or if I can find a picture on the website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back