consumer units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, just found this site hopefully it can allay my worries . My house was built in 1971/2 and has concrete floors and breeze block internal walls throughout so any electrical work is very messy to say the least. I currently have a 4 fuse unit which has a mixture of wires and RCDs, would you think i should have the unit replaced and how expensive would it be (approximately). Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
if i were you, i'd get a sparky out to inspect / test it. This should be done periodically anyways! ring round and get some quote, shouldn't cost too much?

Costing comes down to your area and locations (ie, middle of nowhere)
Its a relatively easy job to do for a spark and a clued up DIYer......

I would say prices around £150 - £200 for a company to do it.....goto
www.niciec.org.uk to find a registered company in your area.....

Regards

Ian.

oops you've spooked me now - I haven't had any problems with it but i'm worried that it has so few fuses (4 in all). Thanks for your suggestion though :D

Sponsored Links
just a thought - what are the chances of me needing to have the house rewired as well as having a new consumer unit fitted. :idea:

if it needs to be re wired chances are it needs a new consumers unit too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back