Converting front garden to hardstanding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Goin to start this in July, drop kerb organised from county council. I have seen concrete bricks recently laid with some sort of micro gravel in between each brick. Isn't sand in between allowed any more?

Sponsored Links
It will depend upon which type of paving you use. For regularly spaced concrete blocks kiln dried sand is used to fill the joints.

When using some irregular shaped sets, the gaps are larger therefore it is better to use a joint filler with small aggregate within.

I thought that since the laws had changed in Oct 08, you cannot lay a hardstanding and let the surface water run off your property, if you lay an impervious surface, you must install a drain and soakaway, if you lay a brick drive (as I intend to) you must increase the gaps between each brick so water drains between them more effectively. Am I wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back