Cooker hood extracting above glassroom roof outside?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a glass room installed soon (basically big panes of glass in aluminium frames, not entirely an indoor space) and I didn't see anything wrong with having the only kitchen window also inside it. If avoided, that would make the glass room smaller and less worth it but that means that kitchen smells will go into the glass room which is not ideal. I cook every day and heard that recirculating hoods are not very useful. It's a small kitchen so a bit of a nightmare ventilation-wise. With an extracting hood I could duct out to the side of the hood for 1.5m under the ceiling in a straight line and through the wall but that would still place the outlet inside the glass room because the glass room roof is slightly above my kitchen ceiling. I asked some appliance people before if ducting out into the glass room, then upwards along the outer wall (this can be boxed out) and above the glass room roof is somehow possible (although I cannot imagine what the outlet would look like!) and I was told it is, but vertical ducting will surely build up liquid so now I'm not sure.
Another solution would be to duct in an L-shape inside the kitchen and to the outside avoiding the glass room but that will be another two 90-degree angles (although not vertical this time) and also I feel as if having more of that huge thick ducting indoors will make the kitchen look even smaller. But I might be just being fussy.

Has anyone had a similar experience or any suggestions at all?

Sponsored Links
Flat ducting does not look as ugly or intrusive as round in my opinion if that is what you were thinking about. Pictures might help to get other suggestions.

Flat ducting does not look as ugly or intrusive as round in my opinion if that is what you were thinking about. Pictures might help to get other suggestions.
That's exactly the solution I needed, thank you so much!

Sponsored Links
There are some hobs that have extraction built-in. Would that allow are better route?

IE underneath the worktop to the wall adjacent to the glass room wall?

Can you post a pic of your situation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back