cooker supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just purchased a tricity bendix ceramic cooker rating is 10.9/11.8kwh how come a 32 amp supply is sufficient for this i thought every 1kwh draws 4 amps therefore 11kwh would need 44 amp can anybody explain this

Sponsored Links
search for cooker diversity on theese forums you will find all the info you need as well as some arguments on whether the diversity ruls are sane or not

if i was installing it from scratch i would put in a 45A cuircuit with 10mm

First 10A + 30% of the remainder, +5A if the CCU has a socket

So 10.9kW = 47.4A, and from the above we get 21.22A or 26.22A, so advising 32A is being generous.

If you believe the diversity guidelines. They are based on the theory that you'll not have everything running flat out for any length of time. Which is probably true, but then again the marginal cost of installing a 45A circuit vs a 32A one is small, and the inconvenience of the breaker tripping if you do turn the whole thing on at once is high.

Interestingly, 32 x 1.45 is approx 47. Coincidence?

Sponsored Links
thank you both for replies even the manufacturer of the cooker recommended 32 amp supply via 6mm2 cable i must admit i.m trying to visualise all 4 rings at maximum setting plus oven at max and grill would be a hell of a feast for somebody to enjoy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back